PA Bill Number: SB135
Title: In hunting and furtaking, further providing for dogs pursuing, injuring or killing big game.
Description: In hunting and furtaking, further providing for dogs pursuing, injuring or killing big game. ...
Last Action: Second consideration
Last Action Date: Jul 17, 2017
FOAC Monthly Meeting - August - 2017 - 08/13/2017
South Fayette Township Municipal Bldg. 515 Millers Run Road, Morgan, PA
Concealed Carry Seminar - 51st House District - Rep. Matt Dowling - 09/23/2017
Meyersdale Community Center 215 Main St., Meyersdale, PA
2nd Amendment Rally - Statewide - Harrisburg
9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Location: Harrisburg State Capitol Building
Address: N. Third St., Harrisburg, PA 17120
Latitude: 40.2932669 Longitude: -76.9001242
Annual 2nd Amendment Rally
Whether you realize it or not, gun-owners in PA are under attack.
Our legislators in Harrisburg are proposing new anti-gun laws:
- House Bill 194 bans so-called Assault Weapons even though studies prove this doesn’t work ‘and’ would make possession of current ones illegal.
- House Bill 292 far reaching ban of commonly available ‘exploding targets’.
- House Bill 610 would REGISTER 'all' guns (handgun & longgun) as well as institute a 'yearly' registration fee of $10 for 'each' gun and includes fingerprinting!
- Senate Bill 112 would take away your Right To Bear Arms if your name appears on a government list with ‘NO’ due process rights to challenge this prohibition!
- Senate Bill 116 requires you take a state approved ‘training course before’ being allowed to carry a firearm for self-defense.
There are literally dozens of these kinds of laws under consideration that will dictate how you hunt, shoot, buy, sell, possess and store firearms.
This is not about GUNS! This ‘IS’ about Freedom and Constitutional Rights. It’s about ALL firearms! It’s about YOUR right to self-defense! It’s about making criminals out of law-abiding citizens ‘AND’ making the exercise of our rights difficult and/or impossible!
Pennsylvania is surrounded by anti-gun New York, New Jersey, and Maryland. People like Michael Bloomberg and Cease Fire PA are spending lavishly to try to get PA to mirror those states gun laws.
Anti-gun groups are well-funded and using ‘paid lobbyists’ (some from out of state) to make more noise than we are. If we don’t fight back, we’ll eventually lose.
Look at a few recent developments in PA:
- 2015: THREE anti-gun rights justices elected to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, giving the gun-haters a majority for the next 10 years or longer!
- 2016: an anti-gun former state representative elected as Attorney General!
If Representatives and Senators don’t hear your voice, they’ll make laws without you having your say.
That’s why it’s so important for us to let our legislators know we’re watching what they do. Believe it or not, they do notice when a thousand citizens show up at the Capitol.
You don’t need to know anything about Harrisburg politics or gun legislation in order to make a difference. You won’t have to speak. Rally attendees are split into groups, with an experienced team leader for each group. The team leader will guide the discussion in legislators’ offices.
Why is the rally on a weekday and not a weekend? Because that’s when legislators are in their offices! Can you think of a more important reason to take a day off from work than to protect your, and your families, civil liberties and freedoms that ‘so many’ have fought and died for?
Bring your sons and daughters to teach them the importance of activism and how to make a difference. And enjoy an opportunity to better understand how things work in Harrisburg. It’s interesting and rewarding!